We did the RyanAir thing, so we flew into Girona and took the bus into the city for our long weekend.
We spent most of the time in Barcelona just hanging out and wandering through the city. It also happened to be free museum night throughout Europe while we were there, so we got to visit a couple of these (at no cost). And of course, Devon and Rana were living there at the time, so we spent a couple evenings hanging out with them and their friends.
– La Champerina – behind siete puerta
– La Boqueria
– Xampanyet: near the Picasso museum
– Quimet: several locals told us if we like Xampanyet so much we would really like it too.
– El Gato Negro
– La Pedrera: We saw the outside of many of the Gaudi buildings, but had a chance to visit La Pedrera. This is an amazing, once residential building, and a very cool roof terrace as well. Well worth the visit.
– Park Guell: Defenitely worth a stroll through as it hosts a series of Gaudi pieces/buildings
– Picasso Museum
– Sagrada Familia
We also rented a car and headed down the coast to spend a couple days at the beach outside of Barcelona.